The nerves can only successfully fire the precise signals at the millisecond intervals required to accurately transmit a sound if the right elements and enzymes are present:
- the electrical stability of the cochlea depends upon the presence of minerals such as magnesium and calcium, and on a correct balance of necessary enzymes, fatty acids and amino acids.
- slight disturbances in the equilibrium of enzymes can lead to the death of some of the cilia, the tiny hair-like cells which convert the sound waves to electrical impulses relayed by the auditory nerve.
- insufficient oxygen due to poor circulation in the inner ear
- a deficiency in the trace minerals essential for enzyme activity
- a toxic overload being carried by the body
- excessive free radical activity.
For optimal ear health, we recommend colloidal minerals and antioxidants as a minimum. Broad spectrum multivitamins and liquid oxygen supplements are other good choices.
Colloidal minerals are very minute particles which have already been absorbed and processed by plants. They come in a liquid form and are readily able to be absorbed by the human body, estimated to be 90% more available to the body than other types of mineral supplements.
A good colloidal mineral will contain at least 60 different minerals.
Over the last few decades many new sources of anti oxidants have been discovered:
- the 1st generation, vitamins A, C and E, will work for 3 hours in the body
- the 2nd generation, found in grape seed extract, pine bark extract and Ginkgo biloba, will last 2 - 3 times longer
- the 3rd generation (circuminoids) have now been discovered and will last for up to 3 days.